Led by Ron Dick and Jeremy Hatfield, DC recently completed a corporate office building for the Grand Corporation in Valparaiso, Indiana. The office building houses the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) for the Social Security Administration. Built to LEED® Silver standards, the new office facility was completed in September 2010, and is currently awaiting LEED® Certification from the United States Green Building Council.
Several “green” strategies were used in the construction of the office building, including:
• Creative Stormwater Design to control both quantity and quality
• Concrete Mix exceeding Solar Reflective Index value of 55 to control Urban Heat Island
• Water Use Reduction of 37%
• Improvement of thermal envelope, resulting in a 23% more efficient energy performance
• Construction Waste Management Plan, diverting 60% of Construction Waste from the Landfill
• Indoor Air Quality Plan involving low VOC paints, solvents, adhesives, Green Label Carpet, and low impact construction methods.