Terms and Conditions
Fees, Terms and Conditions
Design Collaborative will provide electronic files for Contractor's, Subcontractor's or Vendor's use in the preparation of record/shop drawings related to the project, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Design Collaborative makes no representation as to the compatibility of these files with your hardware or your software beyond the specific release of the referenced specifications.
- Data contained in these electronic files is part of Design Collaborative's instruments of service and shall not be used by you or anyone else receiving this data through or from you for any purpose other than as a convenience to begin the coordination process, and/or in the preparation of record/shop drawings for the referenced project. These documents shall remain confidential and any other use or reuse by you or by others will be at your sole risk and without liability or legal exposure to Design Collaborative. You agree to make no claim and hereby waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any claim or cause of action of any nature against Design Collaborative, its officers, directors, employees, agents or sub-consultants which may arise out of or in connection with your use of the electronic files.
- All documents provided by Design Collaborative are prepared in order to convey design intent and are diagrammatic only. Electronic files, including Revit Models shall not be interpreted to be fully coordinated. The Contractors and/or Construction Managers are completely and solely responsible for coordination of work.
- Furthermore, you shall, to the fullest extent permitted by law, indemnify and hold harmless Design Collaborative from all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including attorney's fees arising out of or resulting from your use of these electronic files.
- These electronic files are not contract documents. Significant difference may arise between these electronic files and corresponding hard copy contract documents due to addenda, change orders or other revisions. Design Collaborative makes no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the electronic files you receive. In the event that a conflict arises between the signed contract documents prepared by Design Collaborative and electronic files, the signed contract documents shall govern. You are responsible for determining if any conflicts exist. By your use of these electronic files you are not relieved of your duty to comply with the contract documents, including and without limitation, the need to check, confirm and coordinate all dimensions and details, take field measurements, field verify conditions and coordinate your work with that of other contractors for the project.
- If updates to electronic files, beyond what Design Collaborative has been contracted for, are required, please indicate that in your drawing request so that we can contact you with a proposal to provide the requested services.
- In order to streamline this process Design Collaborative requests that files be requested a minimum of two days prior to their required return date. In instances where an expedited turn-around is necessary, a $250 fee per request must be paid to Design Collaborative.
- Because of the potential that the information presented on the electronic files can be modified, unintentionally or otherwise, Design Collaborative reserves the right to remove all indication of its ownership and/or involvement from each electronic display.
- Design Collaborative will furnish electronic files of the requested drawing sheets or Revit Model upon acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Under no circumstances shall delivery of the electronic files for use by you be deemed a sale by Design Collaborative and Design Collaborative makes no warranties, either express or implied, of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall Design Collaborative be liable for any loss or profit of any consequential damages.
If you have any questions or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact our office. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and we look forward to a very successful project.